Review: sojos raw dog food and dog treats

Most dog owners are beginning to realize that commercial kibble isn’t as healthy as they originally thought. These types of dog food are made with fillers to make your pet feel full while providing zero nutritional value. They also include artificial ingredients and some pretty scary chemicals and toxins. Sojos Natural Pet Foods are here to change things for good.

Sojos Raw Dog Food and Dog Treats ReviewThis understanding is what is pushing dog owners to find a healthier diet for their pet that still fits into their budget. The raw dog food diet is becoming increasingly popular with dog owners who wish to feed their dog a more natural diet. The diet is based on the theory that domesticated dogs need the same type of nutrition that their wild ancestors ate.

Sojos Raw Dog Food and Dog Treats ReviewIt’s a controversial diet, but many dog owners who’ve switched have mostly positive things to say about feeding their dog raw food. One of the most common drawbacks to the diet is the preparation work that goes into it. You must prepare the raw meat, cut vegetables and fruits and add any additional supplements your pet may need.

Sojos Raw Dog Food and Dog Treats ReviewIf you want your dog to reap the benefits of a raw diet without all the hassle, a raw dehydrated dog food might be a good option for your Fido. The food is dehydrated, which locks in all the nutrients. If you’re interested in this type of dog food, this company is a great choice.

Sojos is one of the most popular brands of raw, dehydrated dog food. They specialize in creating food and treats for dogs that are natural and made in the U.S.A. Their products are made with healthy, grain-free ingredients that come from human quality suppliers. Sojos also makes sure that all their products are easy to prepare, so you’ll be as happy with them as your dog will.

Sojos Raw Dog Food and Dog Treats Review

Sojos was kind enough to send me samples of two of their raw dehydrated dog food formulas and two of their healthy dog treat options. Surprisingly, all three of our dogs enjoyed every product they sent!

I only say surprisingly, because we have three dogs with three very different pallets, so it’s impressive that they all enjoyed every product.

Sojos Complete Raw Dehydrated Dog Food

In the first part of my video, you’ll see that our girls all loved Sojos Complete Raw Dehydrated Dog Food. As far as raw goes, this is about as easy as it gets. The food is dehydrated, which means it looks similar to oatmeal with chunks of real fruits, vegetables and dehydrated meat.

All you need to do is follow the serving requirements for your dog’s weight and energy level, measure the appropriate amount of food and then mix with the corresponding amount of water. Because the food is dehydrated, it needs time to sit and soak in the water before your dog can eat it.

Sojos recommends that you allow the food to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving. I usually wait at least 30 minutes, and if the food seems dry I add a bit more water.

Sojos Complete dog food formulas come in either 2-pound or 8-pound bags. Once mixed with water, the 2-pound bag will make 10 pounds of dog food and the 8-pound bag will make 40 pounds of dog food. You can purchase a 2-pound bag of either the goat or turkey recipe for $26.50 or an 8-pound bag for $95.20.

Sojos uses a patent-pending gentle freeze-drying process that never exceeds 115°. This process keeps all the natural enzymes in the raw ingredients protected.

Are you aware that when you cook food some of the natural benefits of the food are lost? That’s not the case with Sojos. All the ingredients keep 100% of their natural goodness.

If you’re looking for a way to make raw feeding easy, Sojos is a safe and healthy option. They don’t use genetically-engineered ingredients, artificial colors, fillers or preservatives. Even the vitamins and minerals that they add to their raw, dehydrated dog food are all-natural.

Sojos Simply Wild Venison Dog Treats

If you’re not familiar with freeze-dried dog treats, they are absolutely the best quality treats available.

Video: Ragdoll Cats Charlie and Trigg Receive Primal Cat Food to Review - ねこ - ラグドール - Floppycats

These single-sourced treats are simply small pieces of the protein source that have been freeze-dried. In this case, they are small bits of freeze-dried venison, and our dogs go CRAZY for these treats!

No preservatives, no artificial ingredients, nothing but venison. You’ll notice the smell as soon as you open the package. It’s not the most appealing smell to us, but your dog will certainly love it. You can get a 2.5-ounce bag of these dog treats for $12.20.

Sojos Good Dog Shepherd’s Pie Dog Treats

If your dog enjoys biscuit treats, you can try these Good Dog Shepherd’s Pie Dog Treats. They are very small. About 1-inch long and only as wide as a pencil. You could break them in half and use them for training treats or for very small breeds. As you’ll see in my video, my dogs enjoyed these treats too.

The ingredients include: oat flour, rolled oats, potato, beef, carrots, canola oil, eggs. That’s it! These are another healthy option for your pet made with all-natural, safe ingredients. They are both wheat- and corn-free.

I didn’t notice any odor to these treats, which was a nice bonus over the freeze-dried venison treats. One thing to mention about these treats is their unique box. As you’ll see in my video, it’s an adorable package that would make a great gift.

However, the plastic bag that holds the treats inside the box is not resealable. I used a resealable sandwich bags to store the treats after opening them. It’s not a deal breaker, just a bit inconvenient.

Summary of Sojos Raw Dog Food and Treats Review

PROS:

Video: Dehydrated Raw Dog Food - Sojos

• Sojos Natural Pet Food are made only from all-natural ingredients
  • No preservatives, artificial colors, fillers or GMOs
  • Very appetizing to dogs
  • Dehydrated raw food is much easier than preparing a raw dog food diet yourself
  • Good Dog treats come in an adorable package that would make a great gift

CONS:

• More expensive than traditional kibble and most other commercial dog treats – however, they are also much better quality and much healthier for your dog
  • You need to mix the dehydrated dog food with water and let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving – not as quick as kibble, but a much healthier alternative
  • Good dog treats do not come in a resealable bag, so you’ll have to use a resealable sandwich bag or airtight container to keep them fresh after opening

Now it’s your turn to review Sojos Raw Dog Food and Treats

Reviews & Comments

Related posts