Review: soos pet dog grooming products

Most pet parents are concerned about the products that they feed their dogs. Obviously, anything your pooch ingests will directly affect his overall health, but did you know that all the products you use will have a correlation with your dog’s well-being?

Soos Pet Dog Grooming Products ReviewThis can be said for doggy chew toys, dog treats and even dog grooming products. That’s why Soos Pet grooming products are specifically designed to be safe and beneficial for animals and humans.

I was sent a selection of shampoos and grooming products from Soos Pets in exchange for an honest product review. I’ve been using these products with my dogs for the past few weeks, and I have been happy with the results. I received five different products including:

• Classic Deep Cleaning Pet Shampoo
  • Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo
  • Extra Strength Mineral Rich Pet Shampoo
  • Two-in-One Pet Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Tearless Puppy and Kitten Pet Shampoo

All the products cleaned well, and they left my dog’s coat looking shiny and smelling fresh. I would recommend these products to dog owners looking for a healthier alternative to the chemical-filled grooming products that you find on most pet store shelves. With added health benefits comes a higher price, though. These Soos Pet dog grooming products definitely won’t fit in every dog owners’ budget.

Video: Soos Pet Shampoo Review

Soos Pet Dog Grooming Products Review

Soos Pet claims to offer the one first and only line of Dead-Sea-mineral-enriched products for pets in North America. Now, I’ve done some research and it appears to be a true statement. There are lots of similar products for humans, but I couldn’t find any for pets.

If you have stumbled across any grooming products enriched with Dead Sea minerals, please share them in the comments below.

Soos Pet dog grooming products contain health-boosting minerals, vitamins, essential oils and plant extracts. They are made with at least 97% natural ingredients, which include more than 71 different plant extracts. This means that some products may be 97% natural while others are 98% or 99%. Hence the name, the ingredients are sourced from the Dead Sea, which offers 12 essential vitamins that are not found naturally anywhere else on Earth.

The extensive line of Soos Pet dog grooming products include shampoos, creams, conditioners and sprays that can help treat conditions like:

Video: Nancy Bryson Gives Soos™ Tutorial

• Chronic skin conditions
  • Eczema
  • Minor infections
  • Dry skin
  • Rashes
  • Dry and cracked paws
  • Hot Spots

We have three dogs – Chloe, a 5-year-old boxer with short fur- Saddie, a 10-month-old chocolate lab with a thick double coat- and Molly, a 3-month-old beagle/cocker spaniel mix. All of our dogs have very different coats, and I used that to my advantage while reviewing these products.

As I’ve mentioned, they all cleaned well and had a pleasant scent. Because they are made with essential oils and plant extracts, the fragrances are natural and not overpowering. They all leave your dog looking great and smelling fresh, which is the whole point of a good quality shampoo.

Usually, natural products do not lather as well as other pet shampoos, but as you can see in my photo, these all have a rich lather.

All Soos Pet dog grooming products are free of parabens and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). Both of these chemicals are used as foaming agents in traditional human and pet shampoos, but they are also very damaging to hair and skin. Typically, natural products do not lather as well as traditional shampoo for this reason.

Although most people associate lather with cleanliness, that isn’t the case. I do like a rich lather though, as it makes it easier to work the shampoo through the dog’s coat. This is especially true for our double coated Labrador.

I can’t speak to the hypoallergenic aspect of the shampoo that I received, but our lab does have sensitive skin, and it didn’t bother her. In fact, none of the Soos Pet dog grooming products that I received irritated her skin, which was very impressive. The tearless shampoo was perfect for our puppy, and I noticed that the two-in-one shampoo and conditioner did leave their coats softer than the others.

So you’re probably wondering what the downside to these products could be. Well, first of all the products aren’t 100% natural, but they are pretty close. Still, there are 100% natural grooming products available, so it’s something to keep in mind.

Speaking of price, one thing I need to mention is that the prices on the company’s website are in Canadian dollars. With the exchange rate, U.S. shoppers are paying between $13.95 and $18 per bottle (depending on the formula you choose). The shampoos come in 8.45 ounce bottles, but they are 2 times concentrated, so you won’t have to use as much shampoo as you would with traditional dog shampoos.

This makes them a bit more expensive than traditional dog shampoo, but remember all the health benefits that your pet will gain if you switch to a better quality product. I believe that the health and safety benefits of Soos Pets grooming products far outweigh the small added expense.

Spending a bit more on shampoo now may save you thousands of dollars on veterinary bills in the future. Not to mention, these are the only grooming products you’ll find that are enriched with Dead Sea vitamins and minerals.

Summary of Soos Pet Dog Grooming Products Review

PROS: These products contain health-boosting minerals, vitamins, essential oils and plant extracts. They are made with at least 97% natural ingredients, which include more than 71 different plant extracts. They can be used to help dry, itchy skin or heal sores and hot spots. The extensive line includes a variety products to treat many different skin conditions. None of the products I tested irritated our dogs’ skin. They clean deep down to remove dirt and debris and leave a fresh, natural scent.

Soos Pet Dog Grooming Products ReviewCONS: These Soos Pet products are not 100% natural. 3% doesn’t seem like much, but you can find 100% natural dog grooming products for about the same price. Speaking of price, these products do cost a bit more than traditional grooming products, but you get what you pay for. Don’t count Soos Pet dog grooming products out just because of their price tag. Consider all the advantages and health benefits they offer over traditional dog grooming products. You’ll soon find that the health and safety benefits far outweigh the small added expense.

Now it’s your turn to review Soos Pet Dog Grooming Products

Reviews & Comments

Related posts