Meet quasi: a dog living with an extremely rare condition who still has a lot of heart

Video: Miracle Girls Born With Hearts Beating Outside Chest Meet For First Time

Quasimodo (aka, Quasi the Great) is a purebred German Shepherd living with Short Spine Syndrome, a condition so rare that there are only 13 known cases affecting canines worldwide.

Video: Meet Quasimodo, the dog with the short spine

But despite his deformity, five-year-old Quasi enjoys life as much as any other happy, healthy dog.

The pup was found as a stray and brought to a southern shelter, where it was determined that most of his life had been spent in a kennel. When Minnesota animal rescue Secondhand Hounds (SHH) heard about the special dog, they wanted to give him a second chance, and a new lease on life!

Video: Meet The World's First Heartless Human Able To Live Without A Pulse

Although it seems that Quasi’s condition doesn’t cause him any distress, SHH is making extra sure that he is 100% healthy and pain-free before he is adopted into a forever home.

In the meantime, fans of Quasi the Great can follow his progress on his frequently updated Facebook page. Says a recent post with a shared news article, “Why do so many want to hear about me?! I’m just a normal dog! I’m not handicapped, I’m special and I’m different. That’s all!”

Reviews & Comments

Related posts