Dog goes for a walk & ends up saving an abandoned cat in a box

Video: Newborn Puppy Found on the Sidewalk - Joy’s Happy Ending Story

A dog in London named Maisie ended up saving a cat when she went out for a walk with her owner.

Maisie and her owner were going for a walk at the Wormwood Scrubs Park in North West London when suddenly, Maisie caught a scent with her nose. She knew something was fishy, so she started barking. Maisie’s human, Pam, says that Maisie usually barks when she wants a stick. But this time, when Pam got a stick for Maisie, Maisie totally ignored it and just kept on staring at the bushes.

Source: The Mayhew

Maisie didn’t move from the bushes, and she kept on barking to alert Pam about what she found. Pam then realized that Maisie must have found something, so she went to see what it was. And to her surprise, she found an animal carrier with a note on top.

Video: Surprise Kitten Rescue

Inside the carrier was a scared cat, left without food and water. Pam took the cat home, kept her warm, and gave her food and water. She then took the cat to The Mayhew Animal Home, an animal rescue organization.

Pam told The Mayhew Animal Home “I felt shocked and tearful when I found Lily. Being an owner of two cats myself, I couldn’t believe that somebody could do that, and thought that her previous owner must have been in a desperate situation.

Video: i rescued this kitten from the streets! Now watch him grow...

Despite not having food and water, luckily, the cat, now named Lily, was okay. Thanks to Maisie, Lily was found quickly after she was abandoned. If it wasn’t for Maisie, who knows how long Lily would’ve stayed stuck in that carrier.

Lily was given a full check-up at The Mayhew Animal Home. They found out that she’s 11 years old and that she had a microchip. However, the microchip had the wrong details. But what matters most is that Lily is now safe.

Lily has found a forever home where she’ll be safe and secure. Thanks to Maisie, Lily was given a second chance at having a happy, loving, forever home.

For more of this story, read the post at https://themayhew.org/dog-saves-abandoned-cat/

Reviews & Comments

Related posts